Check the demo of our new player! Persistent player at the bottom of screen and youtube integration!! http://robertmichaelkay.com
- Your fan presses ‘play’.
- They decide they’d like to browse some of your photos while they listen.
- They click on the link to the ‘Photos’ section.
- YOUR MUSIC STOPS!
This is because when your site loads another page, it also re-loads the code that plays your music.
With the Music Let Loose Audio MP3 Audio Player Plugin:
- Playback continues as the user browses between pages on your site.
- Your urls always match the page you’re actually on.
- can handle both a sitewide playlist and other mp3s on individual pages
- Fully HTML5 enabled with Flash fallback (ie it works on practically anything)
- Simple system in your wordpress dashboard to organize artists, albums and songs.
- Simple shortcode system to display them.
- Customizable play/pause/download buttons.
- Totally 100% free open source so you don’t need to be dependent on someone elses’ service.
To try it, press then go browsing the rest of this site. Play some music, switch pages, read some, play some other music, switch pages again…
This plugin is part of a larger project to build tools for musicians on the internet. We’re using http://browserstack.com to check our forthcoming front-end templates on every imaginable device. Many thanks for their great product and their generous support of our open source development program.
Features I’m working on:
- make options panel more user friendly
- better documentation
- get mp3s from the media library instead of typing urls
- Youtube support (so player stops when you play a youtube vid – I have this working well, just got to add it in… take a look at http://robertmichaelkay.com)
- testing with other plugins – the ajax features might need a bit of tweaking so as not to interfere with other plugin software/themes – I’d like to build up some info on how to do this…
- some pretty play/pause/fwd/back buttons to work as defaults
Keep making that amazing music,